Friends of Golden Gateway (FOGG) wishes to alert you that Supervisor Fiona Ma (District 4) has introduced an important resolution that could affect positively the future of our open recreational space!
Supervisor Ma’s resolution is titled “Interim Zoning Conditional Use Authorization for Change in Use or Reduction of 5000 square feet or more of Recreational Space.” This resolution could shield recreational space such as the Golden Gateway Tennis & Swim Club and the San Francisco Tennis Club from pressures of development, until more permanent rules are developed and adopted.
FOGG now needs our friends and supporters to make their voices heard loud and clear. This is what we hope you will do as quickly as possible:
1. Show your support for this legislation by emailing your approval to Supervisor Fiona Ma at email@example.com or call her office (415) 554-7460. Please also send a copy of your email to Supervisor Aaron Peskin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Plan on attending the Land Use & Economic Development Committee meeting which will hear the Resolution on Wednesday, November 15. We will advise you on time and room ASAP. A good showing of supporters is important.
3. FOGG will ask a few people to give pertinent testimony. If you are interested please contact Lee Radner at email@example.com or phone at 415-986-2896.
4. There is a press conference on this issue being planned for Tuesday, November 21. Again, we ask for your attendance if at all possible. Time & location will be sent out when fully confirmed.
5. Are there any volunteers out there who could put together some posters to display at these meetings? If so, please contact Lee.
6. FOGG would like to see our members write a paragraph (no more than two) as to what the open recreational space at Golden Gateway Tennis & Swim Club means to you and how it has benefited you. This material can be very useful in making our case to the supervisors and public at large. Send it by email by responding to this Open Letter.
This could be a golden opportunity for us to move on the offensive in the battle to keep our open recreational space. We look forward to your participation now!
Finally, our attorney is working long hours in putting a lot of the necessary legal material together. This costs money. If you haven’t already, now would be a good time to make that tax deductible donation either by the link on this website or mailing a check made out to Agape/FOGG to our Treasurer, James Eggert, 550 Davis St. #46, San Francisco, CA. 94111.
Chair, Friends of Golden Gateway